Saturday 27 March 2010

6 Sentences

Not been active for a while here are some of my 6 sentences pieces, enjoy:

Time line.

Laughter shatters a cold silence. Smiles dance from face to face. Hands clasp and champagne corks pop. Her final breath leaves her body. Floating towards an endless grey sky. Tears assault the dusty earth.

Avoidance

I avoid talking for several minutes pretending to really love the Panini when in fact I would rather eat dirt. I didn’t know ham could be this chewy. I forcefully swallow the last bite, I’m gonna have to make a choice. I open my mouth to speak but then decide against it and fumble to pick up my coffee cup. The fresh coffee scorches the inside of my mouth and my tongue goes numb I keep drinking until I need to inhale cold air to try and sooth the burning sensation running through my upper body. There are no more options I have to speak to her, she is still silently staring, pen at the ready I open my mouth to speak.

Blind date
She is late. The door to the coffee shop rattles open and a youngish woman walked in, mid thirties I guessed. She look around and saw me sat facing out of the window simply watching people go by. She probably thought it was artistic. She walked over and I turned to face her with a smile, which she enthusiastically returned. She placed a large binder on the table in front of an empty chair as I slid over a cup of tea, her name was Cathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment